More and more people are becoming environmentally conscious these days and are building homes that are earth-friendly. This initiative extends to plumbing systems as well. Eco-friendly plumbing is often called ? Green plumbing?, as they reduce the environmental footprint of our actions on the planet. Plumbers equipped with these skills are capable of installing many different types of energy saving systems and even appliances in your home. Baker-Elman Plumbing is one such company who is dedicated to practicing green plumbing and they are installers of earth friendly products.
A green plumber usually possesses certificates in several relevant courses to become accredited. This is important to look out for when hiring plumbing services, as it confirms their expertise in the area. Examples of their expertise are in implementing solar powered water heating systems, tanks that collect rainwater, and grey water recycling systems. They should also be knowledgeable about the latest information regarding energy efficient methods in plumbing.
Eco-Friendly Plumbing Projects
Some of the most common earth-friendly plumbing projects for the home are:
?Rainwater Collection ? This can be done by installing a rainwater tank, and it is a great way to take full advantage of this free resource. Gardens are not only pleasing to the eye but they play an important role in preserving oxygen levels in the air. However, they require a lot of water, thus collecting rainwater, especially during dry weather can be especially cost-efficient and green. Moreover, rainwater can be collected in tanks that run through toilets or laundry appliances.
?Solar Powered Water Heating ? The abundant natural energy from the sun?s solar rays are an economical and green way to heat water in a home. These days, they even come with back up systems in case of sun-free periods.
?Grey Water Systems – Grey water refers to used water from certain sources and appliances at home, such as the washing machine and bath. When a Grey Water System is installed, it filters and stores this used water to be re-used later. If the household members use green detergents, it can provide a considerable amount of additional water for use.
Six tips to save water at home
Use these tips to make the most of one of the world?s most valuable resources.
1. Install a dual flush toilet, that uses more or less water as needed
2. Choose showers over baths, as they use less water if you keep them quick
3. Check your plumbing systems regularly to avoid leaks
4. Use plants that are water independent in your garden
5. Install a rainwater tank and use it to water your garden and for other exterior washing needs
6. Tankless water heaters which are 90% efficient and the Eternal water heater are energy efficient and heat the water as needed. The Eternal water heater which is 98% efficient, has a small chamber which holds 2 gallons of water so that you do not experience the hot and cold sandwich effect that are common with the other style tankless heaters.
If you?d like to know more about the information provided above, seek out accredited green plumbers at Boston plumbing, Cambridge plumbing, Somerville plumbing, Arlington plumbing, Belmont plumbing, Brookline plumbing, Jamaica Plain plumbing, Newton plumbing, West Roxbury plumbing or Watertown plumbing for additional advice and guidance on making your home more green.
Find out more at https://bakerelman.com/ or call 617.244.6500 today!